- Published: Friday, 22 August 2014 18:29
We've just completed our 18th year of community service & college tours departing the SE Wisconsin, Greater Chicagoland area. Annually Hundreds of young people have participated. Some "sure things" who were destined for greatness as well as some young people who never would have left their neighborhood.
The organization has yielded a thousand success stories & multiple hundreds of degrees.
Grassroots; the brainchild & life work of my older brother Alvin along with help from Rochelle Anderson-Moore, Adrienne Owens-Brown & myself as well as other family & community members along the way.
The tour, as well as the organization is funded from his pocket & then primarily local donations which we accept all year long.
We have just recently returned from our annual Spring Break college tour. In order for us to move forward and present future activities to the communities we serve, we will always need & appreciate your help and support!
Click donate button and donate any amount, at anytime!! All donations are tax deductible!
Please feel free to follow us on:
Twitter: @beyondcollegeMW (Midwest)
18 years of successful community service in SE Wisconsin & Greater Chicagoland!! Now we need your support. Please tag Education Youth College Tour Alums in comments section.
GET READY FOR 2017 COLLEGE TOUR
Las. Season info below
NOT TOO LATE SEVERAL SEATS AVAILABLE!
Alvin D Owens
For interested participants...
What we do:
WE SERVE THE MIDWEST
Get Meeting times, Weekly Updates & Please follow us on these social media platforms:
Twitter: @beyondcollegeMW (Midwest)
Instagram: @beyondcollege @college_tour_Midwest @aowensct2
Contact information: Alvin D Owens 773.517.6568
Grambling State University
Jackson State University
Clark Atlanta University
Georgia Tech University
University of Memphis
Tennessee State University
Alabama State University
CIVIL RIGHTS MUSEUM
DR. King Jr Center
The Atlanta Station Mall
MIDWEST COMBINED TOUR
Aprill 17th thru April 24th 2016
Please check your school’s website for your spring break dates…The main tour isn’t limited tour your schools spring break… if your school spring break recess date isn’t listed we can provide a letter of request to participate. Please contact director Alvin Owens.
All routes are subject to modification due to scheduling conflicts, weather concerns, and/or as Education Youth Devlopment Outreach deems necessary.
Our tours are sponsored by Education Youth Development Outreach and YOU! Registration has now begun. Meeting times and locations will be posted "here" on our website's home page. Parents & Sponsors attending the College Tour meetings will be given a clear outline of expectations of our annual excursion. We review in detail our requirements and our code-of-conduct expectations.
All routes are subject to modification due to scheduling conflicts, weather concerns, and/or as Education Youth Development Outreach deems necessary. Customizing routes are now available! Please contact us directly for customizing package details.
"All grade levels are encouraged to participate”
COST: $425. Full cost of the trip of $425 will cover lodging, transportation, continental breakfast and 3 selected meals. Students are required to have spending money for extended meals.
Lodging: Select Choice Hotels
Transportation: Luxury charted buses equipped with CD, DVD players, and LCD screen TV’s, restroom, and large reclining seats.
1. 1-2 page Essay on 2015 Theme: "I was born to be somebody!"
2. Student in good standing at their respective schools. Please note that Education Youth Development Outreach honors any and all School Districts Policies. Students who are not in good standing at their respective schools will become ineligible to participate on the annual excursion.
3. Minimum GPA 2.5. Anyone under 2.4 may still apply under academic probation, and monthly academic improvement plan. See director for details.
4. “Here & There”: Each participant must attend College Tour student planning meetings and activities. Meetings and activities: TBA - To be announced on www.beyondcollege.net and at each school this season. Every student will participate in local volunteer efforts throughout the school season leading up to the spring break college tour.
5. Education Youth Package: Consent, Code of Conduct, What to Bring List, Mission/Purpose Statement, One-Community Form, and Activity-Updates. Attendance and Progress reports will also be considered.
6. 1-2 letters of recommendation from a community leader. * Community leaders: Principal, Teacher, Counselors, Worship Leader, and Youth Center Directors...
REGISTERING: Download consent form please visit http://www.beyondcollege.net/. Also, please see your College Tour Representative at your respective school for updates and announcements for the "Beyond College Tour Booth" visiting your school.
Deadlines: In order for a safe and successful College Tour, deadlines will have to be met on time. Please take note of your financial obligation. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS AND/OR CASH PAYMENTS DUE TO DEADLINES!!!
DEADLINES: Specific deadlines will be discussed at Parent/Student meetings
Registration Updates: Absolutely NO REFUNDS on down payments! Also, registered students who failed to keep deadlines your names will be added to the waiting list. Only paid seats will reserve your trip!
You can make payments at registration meetings, and/or schedule pickup payments with Mr. Owens. Also, the best way to keep deadlines is to pay online!!!
ONLINE PAYMENTS: Click DONATE button on www.beyondcollege.net. Please follow the prompts to make payments or donate.
Sponsors: The Education Youth Committee Wisconsin/Illinois sponsors the Annual Spring Break College Tour Program. In conjunction with local churches, schools, community centers, local businesses, and concerned Community Leaders. Other sponsors are always welcome.